It feels like the winter holidays were just a few weeks ago, and by now most of us are trying to iron out summer and camp schedules. Here at The George Center, we’re offering several special summer-time events and classes (Bucket Drumming and Camp CreARTive), but I’m especially excited about our summer Kindermusik programs. Here are just a few of the changes you’ll see coming to our Kindermusik program this summer:
- Class schedules with “summer hours” in mind
- On-Going enrollment option allows families freedom to
- New classes for a variety of ages, including:
- A “Cuddle & Bounce” infant class
- A NEW “Sing & Play” class for newborns – 2 year olds
- A NEW “Wiggle & Grow” FAMILY class for all ages, perfect for siblings to join in on the fun
- A Kindermusik “Adventures: On the Road” mini day camp for children aged 4 – 7.
Summer is the perfect time to add a Kindermusik class to your schedule. As summer is especially notorious for disrupting schedules, the familiarity and structure of a Kindermusik class can help satisfy your child’s need for routine and, in doing so, help provide a sense of security. And just because your little ones may be on vacation, it doesn’t mean their brains are! Summer Kindermusik classes combine music and movement to stimulate learning and development. This summer we’ll address several developmental goals through our special summer-themed units, including:
- learning through sensory play
- early number and counting skills
- spatial awareness
- active listening skills
- practicing and coping with transitions
- social skills and turn-taking
- creative thought and imagination!
Interested in checking out our Kindermusik program for yourself? We’d love to have you! You can sign up for a free preview class here.
You can also sign up to attend our extra special Kindermusik Preview Day, including a preview of our “On the Road” camp, here.