All Summer long, The George Center is offering music-based early childhood development classes through the Kindermusik program! We offer inclusive Kindermusik classes open to children with and without special needs in the metro-Atlanta area. This week, we're featuring blog posts about the benefits of the Kindermusik program. Check out this great write-up from Kindermusik on the benefits of music for children as they grow!
There are many things to do with kids – why not make it fun & educational?
Children thrive on music. It’s one of the best vehicles for learning in early childhood development. Kindermusik takes musical learning to the next level; the curriculum is proven to improve a child’s brain development. And for parents, it’s a fun thing to do with kids!
Psychologists, neuroscientists, and experts in early childhood development have demonstrated that music does more for children than bring them joy; it helps their brain cells make the connections needed for virtually every kind of intelligence.
When young children are consistently engaged by music in an age-appropriate, socially accepting environment, they benefit at many levels:
- Early Literacy. They gain the phonological processing, spoken language, and comprehension skills that are the foundation of reading.
- Quantitative. They build the spatial-temporal and reasoning skills required for math, science, and engineering.
- Social-Emotional. They develop social and emotional skills that are essential for school readiness—like the ability to regulate their responses and relate to others in complex ways.
- Physical. By moving and dancing to music and playing simple instruments, children improve their gross and fine motor skills.
- Creative. Activities that encourage freedom within a fun and friendly structure spark their creativity.
And of course, they develop a lifelong love of music.
The “Benefits of Music” section of the Minds on Music blog integrates the latest research in children’s music education into our curriculum. As Educators, we understand that our curriculum must grow with the dynamic results of scientific research. We’re constantly finding new and exciting benefits of music every day, and using them to create countless activities for kids, parenting tips, stories from Educators, and exciting new ways to enjoy Kindermusik@Home.
We firmly believe that parents are the best teachers for their children. With Kindermusik, we make it easy to involve parents, in their children’s education and development. In the classroom, our educators will guide you with tips and suggestions to enhance your child’s experience. And Kindermusik@Home, our new online activities and parenting resources, will enable you and your kids to continue the learning, laughing and discovering.
Does Kindermusik sound perfect for you and your little one? We would love to register you and your kiddo for one of our upcoming Kindermusik classes! Click here to register online or contact us for more information!
Content and Image Credit: Kindermusik