Any Dream Will Do
ADWD 2018-2019 Registration OPENS July 30th!
Class begins in September 2018
The "Any Dream Will Do!" Performing Arts Group creates community and facilitates individual growth by learning about music, movement, and acting through social games and interactions, improvisation, and the expressive arts. Each year culminates in a staged performance showcasing each and every participant! Throughout the year (for additional ticketing fee) class members will be invited to participate in several performing arts events, such as drum circles and field trips to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Fox Theatre. The class is taught by licensed and board-certified music therapists with extensive training in musical theatre performance. Our therapists work to achieve a multitude of objectives for teens and young adults with special needs such as:
- Gross motor skills and planning through dance and movement
- Fine motor skills through art projects and instrumentation
- Speech and language through vocal training speech and diction
- Memory through patterns, singing, and acting
- Social skills through collaboration, scene work, and group exercises
- Mental agility through imagination, focus, and concentration skills
- Sensory integration and body awareness
- Group dynamics through taking turns and making transitions
- Self expression through creative play
- Confidence building performances
Due to the popularity of this program, registration and participation is by invitation only. New participants interested in this program can register for our Intro to "Any Dream Will Do" as a pre-requisite for this class.
SEPTEMBER 11TH, 2018 – APRIL 16TH, 2019
TUESDAYS FROM 6-7:30 PM
12 CLASSES EACH SEMESTER / 24 CLASSES TOTAL + a Dress Rehearsal and Performance
SEMESTER one: September 11th - December 11th | Semester two: January 15th - April 16th
DRESS REHEARSAL: THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2018
PERFORMANCE: FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2018
Classes will not meet on the following dates:
ENROLLMENT IN CLASS COSTS $1350/STUDENT. A $150 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT IS DUE UPON REGISTERING FOR CLASS. $600 IS DUE BY SEPTEMBER 11TH, WITH THE REMAINING $600 DUE BY DECEMBER 11TH. SIBLING DISCOUNTS ARE AVAILABLE!