The music therapists at The George Center work to achieve a multitude of objectives for teens with special needs. Exploration of music, movement, and drama facilitates personal growth in areas of:Throughout the year (for additional ticketing fee) class members will be invited to participate in several performing arts events, such as drum circles and field trips to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and the Fox Theatre. The class will be taught by board-certified music therapists with extensive training in musical theatre performance.
- Gross motor skills and planning through dance and movement
- Fine motor skills through art projects and instrumentation
- Speech and language through vocal training speech and diction
- Memory through patterns, singing, and acting
- Social skills through collaboration, scene work, and group exercises
- Mental agility through imagination, focus, and concentration skills
- Sensory integration and body awareness
- Group dynamics through taking turns and making transitions
- Self expression through creative play
- Confidence building performances
CLICK ON A BUTTON TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR CLASSES!